From BBC News Entertainment & Arts:
Monday 24, June 2013
Mumford and Sons have confirmed they will play at Glastonbury this week, two weeks after their bassist had surgery for a blood clot on the brain.
The band had cancelled all shows in the run-up to the festival after Ted Dwane, 28, was taken to hospital in the US.
But keyboard player Ben Lovett told the Radio Times the musician had recovered and was “going to be OK”.
"We’re going to get back out on that stage at Glastonbury as four brothers and do what we do," he added.
The folk-rock band will close the festival’s main stage on Sunday, sharing the bill with co-headliners The Rolling Stones and Arctic Monkeys.
Lovett said it was just five years since the band had first attended the event at Worthy Farm, Somerset, - only a couple of months after they formed.
"To have 1,000 people turn up and sit in a field and watch us play some songs… that completely blew my mind. Each time we play we’re slightly out of our comfort zone," he said.
"But that’s an inspiration - every time it’s just a bit madder than we were expecting. But whenever we tour elsewhere then come back to Glastonbury, it always reminds us how brilliant it is to be British, and what a great British institution it is."
Dwane, who was treated in the US, posted a picture of himself bearing surgery scars on the band’s website last week, accompanied by the caption: “Bear with a sore head!”
"Thanks so much for all the well wishing, it seems to be working. I’m home. Ted xx."
Mumford and Sons added in a statement: “Ted is receiving excellent care and we are being assured that he will recover quickly from surgery.”
They have since announced rescheduled dates for the postponed segment of their US tour.
The 2013 Glastonbury festival opens its gates to the public on Tuesday.
Click here to read this article on the BBC News website.
- iheartwinterwindstoo likes this
- bougeotte-love reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- marcusandsons likes this
- that-real-cool-kid likes this
- sarahlouiseelizebeth likes this
- knowyourground reblogged this from graceheartflowershair
- surgolaw likes this
- beautytrumpedbydoubt reblogged this from dontforcethisgirltostand
- mumfordandsonsavedsherlock likes this
- a-head-full-of-shite reblogged this from dontforcethisgirltostand
- comeariainvena likes this
- ihearttbear reblogged this from this-lie-is-dead
- thereisnosweetersound reblogged this from dontforcethisgirltostand
- spookymumford likes this
- a-rock-for-those-below likes this
- therealsteveharvey likes this
- andi-sz likes this
- dontforcethisgirltostand reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- littlewomanly1 reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- that-awkward-girl-nextdoor likes this
- this-lie-is-dead reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- germanladybug1980 reblogged this from weheartmumfordandsons
- germanladybug1980 likes this
- graceheartflowershair reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- vampirethursday likes this
- scarletfev3r likes this
- hot-multifandom-mess reblogged this from weheartmumfordandsons
- haninibal likes this
- weheartmumfordandsons likes this
- weheartmumfordandsons reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- littlewomanly1 likes this
- folkalcoholic likes this
- lordofthehar reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- just-another-art-freak likes this
- mumfordempire likes this
- ashalee likes this
- mumfordmumford reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- howgeeksandnerdsruletheworld likes this
- im-alive-im-alive-i-am-so-alive reblogged this from whisperednotes
- grangermarshall reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- grangermarshall likes this
- lolaloe reblogged this from mumfordandsonsblog
- awesomeannu likes this
- sherlockwillbethedeathofme reblogged this from notplayingthegame
- lovebanjo likes this
- phoebe-phalangee reblogged this from whisperednotes
- exchange-grande-le likes this