From the Mumford & Sons Official Website:
We are very pleased to announce details of a series of ‘Gentlemen of the Road Stopover…’ shows this Summer. To explain more, here’s word from the band themselves:
“The Gentlemen of the Road Stopover is based loosely upon our favourite festivals like Colorado’s Telluride Bluegrass and Scotland’s Loopallu Festivals.
We want to stop off in towns not usually heavily toured by bands, and celebrate the people, food and music that inhabit them. We’re keen to promote the town’s local businesses, and we’ll be using the local bars and venues for aftershow parties, whilst working closely with the local people to get everyone involved in making these shows spectacular.
There will be a host of our friends playing too, and the vibe falls somewhere between ‘travelling Victorian circus’ and ‘Victorian travelling circus’. It should be a whole lot of fun.”
The one-day outdoor events will tour globally and will be headlined and curated by Mumford & Sons, with heavy involvement from local communities, from the produce sold on the sites, to engaging visitors with the towns as a whole.
In addition to the 2 confirmed Stopover shows, the band will also play a series of evening gigs preceding and inbetween, with the support acts selected from the summer show line-ups. Here are the dates and venues.
Gentlemen of The Road presents:
- 30th May – St David’s Hall, Cardiff
- 31st May – Leas Cliff Pavilion, Folkestone
- 2nd June - Gentlemen of the Road Stopover In Huddersfield – Mumford & Sons, Willy Mason, Michael Kiwanuka, Nathaniel Rateliff, The Correspondents
- 4th June – The Apex, Bury St Edmonds
- 5th June – Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
- 6th June – The Sage, Gateshead
- 9th June – Gentlemen of the Road Stopover In Galway – Mumford & Sons, The Vaccines, Willy Mason, Zulu Winter, Nathaniel Rateliff, The Correspondents
Tickets for all dates will go on pre-sale from 9am on the 20th April and on general sale from 21st April.
Pre-sale tickets for the Stopover shows will be available via www.gentlemenoftheroad.com. Tickets cost £49.50 (Huddersfield), €45.00 (Galway). Pre-sale tickets for the other shows will be available via www.mumfordandsons.com. Tickets for these dates will cost £23.50.
For more information and to keep abreast of more events to be announced head over to
Hope to see you there!
M&S HQ x